map-marker Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Frustrated

Stop covering this Ali Abulaban trial. He makes us sick and theres no secret that he killed 2 people. We would rather watch any and all other trials. Karen Read, Doomsday etc...
Thomas T Hyi

| map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Court TV - Review in Media category from Columbus, Ohio

Updated by user Jan 05, 2024

Don't know yet

Original review Jan 05, 2024
Algonac Michigan My sisters death was called a suicide almost 30 yrs ago. CSI labeled it a suicide and closed her death the first day.

Through all this time tim I didn't know who to talk to , because I beg to differ about what I think that happened that night to her. I think there's more to this . I can I just was.nt only tell you what I think . To begin with my sister's son died the yr before he was seven yrs old and drove his bike early in the morning and from what they say into the canal and drowned he didn't know how to swim.

My sister's husband had adopted him as his own son. A year later my sister supposedly took her own life. Her husband who's name is Larry Wainscott is originally from Anderson Indiana he was a friend of Ed Amos who is also from Anderson Indiana they knew each other. I guess they came here for work Ed Amos went to work for GM and Larry some small plsce that designed parts for the auto industry.

My sister was a bartender that's where she met Larry. They married , her boy was from a previous encounter. Her boys nam was Raymond. I can tell you this I never liked this guy , it's just that I get a feeling about people , and something about him I never liked Well they brought a condo on a canal , the canal came in from the St Clair river and went around in a U shape back out to the river so the condo sort of was built on a small island.brand new at the.time.My nephew drowned at the top of the shoe there's a bridge there.

When this happened my sister of course was devastated. The thing is there are houses on the north side of that canal , and guess what nobody saw anything. I don't think anyone was evan asked if they saw anything. I believe there was an insurance policy of substancial worth.

Ok back to my sister from what I know my sister worked at the aJunction Bouy in Marine City which is north of Algonac , about 8 mi. She worked that night I don't know what time she got off , but I believe it was before the bar close it was a restaurant also and on the water side. Any way I guess Larry and my sister decided to go out and hit another bar or maybe two. Now they came I'm not sure what time maybe 11:30 they were both drinking , and I believe they were drugging , cocaine.

Larry had to work the next day and went upstairs to bed , my sister stayed downstairs and put music on. This is what Larry told me at the funeral home. He walked up to me I didn't like him remember that. He told me he had about six beers and passed out .

Later he heard the music supposedly she turned the volume up. He said he came down the stairs but not all the way and told her to turn it down and went back to bed , did she turn it down I doubt it. Well hegoes back to bed , wakes up for work comes downstairs walks into a small kitchen which has a huge cut out window with a counter . He then says he looked up and seen her lying on the floor .

I mean he walks downstairs he doesn't see her from there he doesn't smell anything I don't believe it. I don't know when he called the police.My sister took two shots with either a 3.57 or a 44 or 45 it's on the police report. Now this condo is not that big and he doesn't hear these shots I don't believe that . In the morning when the police, firefighters, and detectives and CSI came , they looked it over called it a suicide and closed the case.

I think this was in 95. Larry was taken to the police station and interviewed they took a GSR he had none he was there for 5 hrs and let go. I think things happened differently. I think he had time to wash up and change clothes therefore no GSR.

CASE CLOSED. We.buried my sister and after the funeral my family went to the condo well you know it was all cleaned up the next day after her death it's like nothing happened. His family was there sitting on a couch very stoic didn't say anything . We didn't know them I guess they came from Anderson Indiana.

When we got there Larry was upstairs then he comes down wearing a Red Wing jersey. He comes down I walked up to him I went to console him even though I didn't like him . This guy was stiff as a board I mean you talk about cold I never experienced anything like this . We left shory after I never talked to the guy again My brother and his wife lived across the canal from them they lived there for a while.

You see that condo is attached to another condo my sister they say took a shot into the mirror in the bathroom which was located as soon as you walk Ed into the frt door right underneath thte bedrooms upstairs and nobody heard a thing those guns are loud you can here that shot over music. Still nobody heard anything , there was no investigation of neighbors they did zilch Today something like that is investigated as a murder first they didn't do that . Through the yrs from watching TV crime stories I picked up on some things. Like the gun it would be hard for a women to pull the trigger on a gun like that once let alone twice and if she was drinking and high maybe evenharder that gun had a long barrel on it and when you do pull the trigger that barrel is going to move.

Did she have help?. My brother told me it was like a week or sooner he moved in a new women amwho had a son . Who lives in a place where your wife supposedly committed suicide From what my brother said the father of that boy heard the story and got his son out of there . As far as insurance goes my sister supposedly committed suicide , and I understand that you can't collect on a suicide., but I believe the insurance.was on the boy and he adopted him so he collected.

There is a detective in Marine city that told my brother that he thinks this Larry killed them both but they can't prove it . I say *** they never thoughaly investigated this. My dad use to go over there to visit with MaryAnn my sister . One day my dad said he was introduced to a guy he shook his hand my dad said that was the coldest handshake he ever felt it was Ed Amos who was later convicted of killing three wives and his mother .

He was incarcerated at Jackson State prison . He may know something who knows . He may have told Larry how to go about it. I'll tell you I hardly ever went over there We went on Holidays that's about it .

I never did anything with this guy as a brother in law I didn't like him from day one . My brother said he had a friend on the Algonac police force. I believe small town Algonac didn't want the publicly of being known to maybe have a murder maybe two in there community. I went to the police station years after to get the police report I first went to Clay two which is just before you enter Algonac , because I thought they were involved in this as far as being there .

They told me they didn't have the report go to Algonac . I did and when I mentioned this story to them and asked for the police report it was like the seen a ghost I'm telling you they don't want this story out there. I also have the autopsy report. I did give these to a PI that I know but it seems nobody wants to touch this, and I couldn't afford it anyway.

He still has those reports and I have to get them back. I hope this is something that could be looked at , Larry I heard died a couple of yrs ago I don't know what kind of justice we could get . I don't like saying this but where did that insurance money go his family surely doesn't deserve it . This has bothered me all this time and my brother we have no peace because we have no answers I just don't believe the story this Larry told me.

We did hire a lawyer to investigate but I think my dad hired the wrong guy he hired a defense lawyer and this lawyer the only thing he could tell us was that Larry wasn't a good person. He also asked if we wanted him to go see Ed Amos in Jackson we said no . For now I don't want to mention the lawyers name because he was a high profile attorney. I knew him also because my son played hockey with his son.

It's out of respect because he has passed. I don't know what will come of this or what kind of justice we can get.

Believe me it's not about any money I don't care about that I just want some truth and want the people responsible for this investigation to be accountable . They did nothing and someone knows something
Andrea B Jmd

Drama

I was a loyal viewer, when it came to Opening Statements. Now, I never watch. Julie, is very nice, but way too dramatic. There is way too much conversation now, and too many commercials which is extremely annoying. They cut to a discussion in the middle of a testimony. Law and Crime is less commercials, and less annoying conversations. Please take another look at Opening Statements, and perhaps changing the announcer. You can tell Julie is grasping on what to say. A.B.
Pros:
  • Live trials
Cons:
  • An announcer who has more experience than julie grant
  • Too much talking and too many commercials

Preferred solution: Another announcer

User's recommendation: Watch another live trial show.

Robert S Hph

Verified Reviewer

Disappointed with one of your spokesperson

Why do you have a clown looking attorney wearing pink framed glasses on your show ? The show is a serious account of court precedings and a model example of our legal system. Why put someone like that on your show ? You might as well put a big pink bow tie on him with a clown outfit.
Pros:
  • Educational
Cons:
  • Unprofessional looking spokesman

Preferred solution: Have a dress code

User's recommendation: Tell him they are not allowed on the show

Resolved
Luanne T Gsd

| map-marker Gilbert, Arizona

Resolved: I am an avid watcher of Court TV, been watching it for years. I am so upset with these animal abuse ads that are shown constantly! I am such an animal lover, I don't care what type of animal it is.

Updated by user May 21, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They stopped showing so many commercials about abused animals.

Original review May 06, 2024
I'm not sure how many people out there feel the same, but I am ready to stop watching Court TV, which will be hard for me, but I know they pay you to run these commercials, but watching your show makes me to sad when they pop up. I know my feelings are not important, and I really hope these commercials help stop the animal abuse.
map-marker Honolulu, Hawaii

One sided view & like Vinnie! KAREN IS A CON.

Why is Court Tv not checking who is in background on tv promoting Karen as innocent? VINNIE is credible but lets not do a repeat of OJ.
Randy j Qlj

Very unprofessional

You don't give a shit.u lie u exaggerate.u rip people off.u lie about everything.you are a shameful pksce

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't trust them

map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Brandon Joseph zajac needs his voice heard

Brandon Joseph zajac was accused of murder open murder attempted murder battery with a deadly weapon grand larceny of a motor vehicle with a deadly weapon what he was accused of which never commited these crimes he was set up buy someone or more than one person he's innocent the first day they convicted Brandon with out bail just because of hear say Brandon car malfunction broke down a man came by took pics and said he'll be back in 45 mins to help a Simi truck and never came to help him he never ran from the police or ran from any scene he was set up and this was made up the real murderer is out there, Brandon needs your help

Steve K Eza

Verified Reviewer

Go get a decent Camara in the chad daybell trial it looks like a retard is running the camera. Really bad bad out of focus ***

We've been waiting a year for Chad daybell trial and the camera work inside the court room is completely so novice it looks like a retard is doing it. I have a 25$ phone I got from Walmart if you want to barrow it let me know. Wake the *** up and get this corrected

Preferred solution: Full refund

Guest

I agree, however I believe at the beginning of the trial it was explained that the court disallowed the use of any outside cameras. That being said, this Courtroom definitely needs new cameras. It's extremely distracting from the trail.

Lee L Qlu

Very offensive to me

Watching the show today Jawahn Cockfield has a very offensive painting on the wall directly behind him. That is totally uncalled for. Im very disappointed in court tv for allowing this. I would be just offended if the shoe was on the other foot. It's a very divisive painting in my opinion. I hope to get a reply. Thank you for your time. Lee

Preferred solution: For court tv to pay more attention to the background of the guests.

User's recommendation: Watch closely

Jason F Gau

Erica Morse

I think your television station needs to consider dropping Erica Morse. She is currently living in my City where she's originally from.

She spreads rumors and hatred on her Facebook pages for supposed victims. She's a complete fake! Every month she's getting sued for eviction from my friends house whom she owes money to but decides buying her drug supply is a much better way of living along with the excessive drinking. I will hand over anything you are curious to know or whatever.

Her Facebook pages are off the charts crazy. No private investigator creates kaos and tyrant when they are trying to solve cases.

Preferred solution: Heads up on the fake private investigator

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2500265

I'm not her landlord you idiot. Can you not read or comprehend?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2500266

I'm happy she sent you out to talk for her. Have a great day uneducated fools.

Guest

How to say my life is banal and lame without saying it... Get a hobby you silly plank....

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2500162

And to make accusations against a reporter for a national legal show. Not too smart.

Guest

People don’t get sued every month over rent/eviction. You/her landlord might after she gets this alert from your post and it’s accusations.

It takes a special kind of stupid to post accusations online about someone, all while providing information that identifies yourselves.

And to be dumb enough to do it to someone who is a reporter for a national legal tv network. Wonder how much free legal advice/help she will get when she comes after you?

View more comments (5)
Erica A Twb

Harmony Montgomery case

I'm just sitting here watching this case unfold on TV and I'm wondering why nobody asked Harmony every time that somebody seen her with a black eye or bruises on her why nobody asked the child what happened because she was not too young or too little to speak up and say her peace so I'm wondering why no child protective services or no other family members ask the child herself what happened?
Pros:
  • Court tv is providing a front toll seat to justice
Cons:
  • Not sure

Preferred solution: An answer

Tammy P Prz

Corey Pegues

I'm a huge court TV fan. I flow you all perfevntly. But it has come to my attention recently that Corey takes my breath away Everytime he is your guest. His voice is so "arrrrarrrrr" . And when he says "hey, listen" or "look, listen". I am listening intently. Trust me I'm listening and looking. I'm trying to be faithful to my court TV but I get lost listening and looking at him.

Preferred solution: I don't need anything. I just want Corey Pegues to know he is so loved from NC.

Media Expert Talks

Disinformation: Russian and Chinese trolls among us

Jun 16, 2022

How to know what’s fake on social media? In this video, Prof. Darren Linvill from Clemson University Media Forensics Hub explains how disinformation works, common tactics of political propaganda, the role of trolls, hashtags, and how to spot fake news.

Prof. Darren Linvill
Prof. Darren Linvill

Darren Linvill investigates data messaging and context accompanied by inauthentic behavior on social media networks. He also examines misinformation and disinformation in the rising field of social media forensics and data monitoring.

map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Help about Brandon Joseph zajac that was fasley acussed of murder

Brandon Joseph zajac was accused of killing a tow truck driver and shooting at his son he backed up until he ran out of gas that's what the son claims happen it was highway 95 in goldfield Nevada the innocent happen 1/18 /2024 it's only hearsay they book him and said he did it without forensic because of what the sons claiming he in nye county jail
Shelby W Swl
map-marker Baltimore, Maryland

Can’t get assistance with problem.

These fill-in-the-blanks are B.S. it gets ya nowhere. I have been trying to inform them for 45 minutes that they are having problems. I hear two voices, one talking over the other. Trying to watch the Crumbley case but theres another voice playing at the same time. This even happens with the commentators. This is terrible!

User's recommendation: Trying to contact customer service is a waste of your time.

Shelby W Swl
map-marker Baltimore, Maryland

Double audio

Two repetitive voices are playing at once on all trials and everything else. This is very confusing! I am watching the Crumbley trial but something else is also playing its even playing over the commentator and his guest. This is horrendous!!

User's recommendation: Good

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article